Friday, September 23, 2011

The Most Effective Method for Learning a Language

I read an excellent website called Lifehacker fairly regularly, and I came across an article on learning another language. You can find the article here:

http://lifehacker.com/5839401/the-most-effective-method-for-learning-a-language-alone

Basically what it says to do, is get a hold of a book and audio that goes with it. Like an audiobook, but get the text version too. Sit down with a pen and notebook, and play the audiobook (the recommend using an application called Audacity to do this because it has the ability to repeat sections of audio). After each section you listen to, write down as best you can what you heard. Then, use the book to check yourself and repeat as necessary. They explain the benefits of this technique in the article so take a look if you're interested.

I'm a little embarrassed to say that for a split second I thought to myself "Where can I find an arabic audio book with the text to match?" Where indeed. :P

No comments: