Friday, July 22, 2011

Night Time Soul Extraction


Here's something interesting: our souls leave us when we go to sleep! Here's some proof:

An evening prayer of our Prophet (SAW): "I am giving my soul to you and turning my face towards you and protecting my back by you. There is no shelter or runaway from you but to you. In your name I put myself to sleep and i will rise. If you hold my soul, please have mercy on it, and if you let it go, then please protect it for me by what you protect your good people."

The Quran 6:140 "It is He, Who takes your souls by night (when you are asleep) and has knowledge of all that you have done by day, then he raises (wakes) you up again that a term appointed (your life period) be fulfilled, then in the end unto Him will be your return. Then He will inform you what you used to do."

A quote of our Prophet (SAW) (I can't find it again but it went something like this) "The only difference between sleep and death is that you wake up the next morning"

This leads one to wonder why; why are our souls taken at night? Maybe because God wants to review them for something. Maybe they just get bored and go about graffitiing buildings and causing mayhem! ( O.k thats probably not it) Maybe this is why we dream. Our dreams are what are soul is seeing or experiencing, or maybe dreams are just the in-flight movie of our sleep. Still, if they can leave our bodies can our conciousness go with them? Maybe this is what out of body experiences are. At any rate, just thought I'd share this.

No comments: