Friday, October 8, 2010

Supplication after Recitation

Before this weeks post, I would like to mention that uni is starting to tighten it's grip around my throat and I've run out of buffer articles. I'm going to try my best to keep updating every friday, but if I miss a day, don't crucify me. haha, crucify. Religious humor. ANYWAY.


I was browsing through the book "The Ways of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW)" by Arif Billah, Dr. Muhamad Abdul Hai Aarfi (GREAT book by the way, I recommend it) when I came upon a section titled:


Du'a (supplication) at the Time of Completing the Recitation of the Quran Receives an Answer


It goes on to say that it is reported in traditions that a special mercy of Allah (SWT) descends at the time when one completes the recitation of the Quran, and that it was the usual practice of the companions that, upon completion of Quranic Recitation, they would sit and pray together. Sayyidina Hasan (RA) would even go and bring his family members to join him in prayer. 


So I figured, hey! That sounds like a good idea! And started reciting. I read it out loud, from transliterated arabic (i.e english lettering of the arabic pronunciation), but you'll probably get a more points if you read it in arabic from arabic text. I finished in about 30 days (new high score! Actually, only high score. I've never actually read it front to back in any language before). Upon completion, I sat down and made my supplications. I finished it so quickly, because I had something very specific in mind that I wanted to ask for, and in case you were wondering, yes, my supplication did get answered. :P

No comments: