Friday, November 4, 2011

Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat

When I was little, a long long time ago, I used to listen to Broadway music as I went to sleep. Usually Andrew LLoyd Webbers best, one of which was a song called Joseph MegaRemix. That number was from his Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat musical. One day my mother (God bless her) found the entire CD and bought it for me. I've listened to it so many times I know nearly all the songs, and it was through that CD that I learned the story of Joseph (AS). Of course, it's the Christian version, but he (AS) is such a well known prophet that the differences are extremely minor, in fact it's pretty much religion neutral focusing more on his story, and his prophecies. Even the issue with Potiphar's wife is rated G.

Anyway, if you're looking for an educational gift for your kids, check this out! I've included a link to the version I have (there's a bunch of versions, all the same songs, but just different orchestras and singers), I like it the best.

http://www.amazon.com/Joseph-Amazing-Technicolor-Dreamcoat-London/dp/B000002NWN/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1319302041&sr=1-1

No comments: