Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Morning and Evening Prayers

There are alot of different prayers that can be recited when one wakes up and before they go to bed, but these are my favorite ones because they seem to fit and are easy to remember.

When going to bed:

a) "Allahuma sali wa salim alaa' nabiyinnah Muhammadin." ten times
b) Recite Ayat al-Kursi
c) "I'm giving my soul to You and I'm turning my face towards You and I'm protecting my back by You. There is no shelter and no escape from You but to You. In Your name I put myself to sleep and I will rise. If You hold my soul, please have mercy on it, and if You let it go, then please protect it for me by what You protect your good people."

When waking up:
a) "Allahuma sali wa salim alaa' nabiyinnah Muhammadin" ten times
b) Alhumdoolillah; All praise is for Allah (SWT) who gave us life after having taken it from us, and unto Him is the resurrection.

No comments: